Great Recipes for the 10” Deep Skillet
Taking Home Cooking to a New Level
As part of the Complete Gourmet Collection, the 10” Deep Skillet with Utility Rack is truly the most versatile, multi-purpose piece of cookware Saladmaster has ever released. You can roast, bake, broil, grill, and smoke all in one pan! Ingredients (such as grains, vegetables or legumes) can cook in the pan while you cook another ingredient (such as a protein like chicken or fish) on top of the rack.
Do you want to see this amazing cookware in action? We’ve put together a few recipes and Sizzler videos that showcase the 10” Deep Skillet.
To get your own 10" Deep Skillet, locate a Saladmaster Dealer near you for product details and pricing. This beautiful piece of cookware is only available for a limited time while supplies last.
Smoking brisket on a stovetop? That’s right! There are so many things you can do in Saladmaster cookware, right on your stovetop that don’t require an oven, grill or even a smoker. This smoked brisket will have your family and guests in awe when you tell them it was done on your stovetop in just under 4 hours, not 12-16 hours like in a traditional outdoor smoker.
2 lb brisket (fat trimmed)
3-4 garlic cloves
Salt and pepper (or preferred seasoning)
Mesquite wood chips
1. Soak wood chips in water for 30 minutes and then drain.
2. Add the wood chips to the skillet and place the utility rack in the skillet ensuring that it is not resting on the wood chips.
3. Using a knife, poke holes into the brisket and add pieces of garlic into the holes for added flavor.
4. Season with salt and pepper, or your preferred seasoning on both sides.
5. Place brisket on the rack and cover.
6. Turn heat to medium-high and once the Vapo-Valve starts clicking steadily, turn heat down to medium-low.
7. Be mindful when uncovering, the smoke will escape like with a traditional smoker.
8. Cook until the brisket is cooked through, approximately 3-4 hours depending on your stove setting.
Chimichurri Shrimp with Spanish Rice
Make your taste buds dance with this delicious and colorful meal that is full of flavor. Simple to make in less than 30 minutes in your 10" Deep Skillet.
Shrimp and chimichurri sauce ingredients:
1lb shrimp, deveined and peeled
1 bunch cilantro, diced, leaves and stems
1 large lemon, juiced
1-2 tsp chili pepper flakes
1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
6 garlic cloves, minced
2 shallots, diced
Spanish rice ingredients:
1 1⁄2 cups jasmine rice, rinsed
2 medium roma tomatoes
1⁄4 medium onion
2 garlic cloves
1⁄4 cup tomato sauce
2 cups water
1 chicken bouillon cube
1. In a bowl, add the chimichurri ingredients and mix well. Add the shrimp to skewers, approximately 4 or 5 per skewer and using a silicone brush or spoon, coat the shrimp with the chimichurri sauce and let marinate for 15 minutes.
2. In a blender, add the tomatoes, onion, garlic, bouillon cube and water. Blend until smooth.
3. Add the rice and pour the contents of the blender into the skillet and bring to a steady simmer. Cover and bring temperature down to low. Cook for 10 minutes.
4. Uncover skillet and place the Utility Rack over the rice and press down until it hits the bottom.
5. Add the shrimp skewers on top of the Utility Rack and cover. Cook for 5 minutes.
6. Remove skewers from Utility Rack and serve with a side of Spanish rice.
- Add corn and/or peas to the rice.
- Serve with corn tortillas as a shrimp taco.
- Use remaining chimichurri sauce as a marinade or dressing for steak, chicken, vegetables or salad.
Chicken Piccata with Steamed Asparagus
Take one of your favorite dishes and make it healthy with Saladmaster’s version of Chicken Piccata. This one-pan dish fits perfectly in the 10” Deep Skillet. The meal takes approximately 30 minutes from start to finish.
3 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
1 small onion, processed, use Cone #2
2 garlic cloves, minced, use Cone #2
1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth, low sodium
1 lemon, juiced
1⁄4 cup capers, drained
2 tbsp butter, unsalted
1⁄3 cup heavy cream
1 bunch asparagus, ends cut
salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat 10” Deep Skillet over medium heat until several drops of water sprinkled in pan skitter and dissipate, approximately 6 - 8 minutes.
2. Season chicken breasts with salt & pepper. Add chicken breasts to skillet, crack the cover and cook for 7 minutes on one side. Flip the chicken and then cook for another 7 minutes until chicken is golden brown.
3. Remove the chicken and set aside.
4. Add onion and garlic into the same skillet. Sauté for 3½ minutes until lightly brown.
5. Whisk in the chicken broth, lemon juice and capers, scraping up the bits from the skillet.
6. Add cover and let the sauce simmer over medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
7. Once the sauce has thickened, remove the skillet from the heat and whisk in the butter until it melts. Stir in heavy cream.
8. Add the chicken breasts back into the skillet. Place the Utility Rack over chicken and add asparagus on top of the rack. Cover and cook at medium heat for 7 minutes.
9. Serve chicken over bed of asparagus and cover with sauce. Enjoy!
Soy Glazed Salmon and Vegetables
Enjoy a delicious one-pan meal for two with the 10" Deep Skillet. Prepare your vegetables in the pan and steam your salmon on the utility rack for an easy, no fuss meal that you can make anytime!
1 medium yellow squash, sliced, use Cone #4
1 medium red onion, roughly chopped
1 large (or 2 small) red bell pepper, roughly chopped
1 small broccoli crown, separated into florets
1 salmon fillet
1⁄2 cup soy sauce
1 tbsp garlic, minced
1 small lemon, juiced
1 tbsp honey
salt & pepper to taste (optional)
1. Using the Food Processor, slice yellow squash directly into skillet.
2. Add red onions, red bell peppers and broccoli florets in rows next to each other to fill skillet approximately two-thirds of the way full.
3. Make space in vegetables to allow for legs of utility rack to fit raised in skillet. Carefully place rack in skillet.
4. Season salmon filet with salt and pepper, to taste. Place filet on top of utility rack, over vegetables.
5. In a small bowl, mix to combine soy sauce, garlic, lemon juice and honey. Pour soy glaze over salmon filet and vegetables.
6. Place cover on skillet and turn heat to medium.
7. Cook for 10 minutes. The Vapo-Valve™ should begin clicking at approximately this time.
8. Reduce heat to low and cook for an additional 10 minutes. If you prefer a more well-done salmon, continue to cook for an additional 5 minutes or to desired doneness.
9. Remove filet from rack and transfer to a plate.
10. Carefully remove grill rack from skillet.
11. Plate vegetables with salmon and pour extra glaze over food to serve.
- Grill rack will be hot to touch after cooking and should be handled with care. To remove rack, you can utilize two forks to secure cross wires, tongs or small oven mitts.
- Substitute any of the vegetables with your favorite variety. For example, substitute broccoli with Brussels sprouts or asparagus.
Watch us on Facebook Live
Our incredible Dealers want to show you how they cook with the 10” Deep Skillet.
Check out this live video by Naomi Policarpio, owner of Amazing Enterprise in Houston, Texas. She demonstrates how to make two delicious Filipino recipes.
In this live video by Senior Saladmaster Dealer, Isis Israel, presents a tasty cooking demonstration of Mushroom Risotto with Smoked "Bakon" Winter Squash.
Do you have a favorite recipes for the 10” Deep Skillet? Let us know on Facebook or Instagram. Use the hashtag #Saladmaster, so we can see your response.
To learn more about what Saladmaster can do for you,
please contact a Dealer, and enjoy tasting the Saladmaster difference by hosting a Cooking Show.
Like, follow, and subscribe to Saladmaster:
Facebook | YouTube | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest