From Kitchen to Table with the MP5
If you are looking for a versatile, easy to use addition to your kitchen then the 5 Qt. Multi-Purpose Oil Core Roaster with Cover or MP5 is for you.
Ideal as a rice cooker, stockpot or slow cooker, the MP5 makes cooking easy and quick. Using its self-contained oil core heating system means that the MP5 will not take up space on your stovetop and provides gentle, even heating.
Adding the MP5 to your kitchen can help you cook healthy home-cooked meals in a single pot and its sleek design means it looks great on the table as a server and even keeps your food at serving temperature.
As with the entire range of Saladmaster cookware, the MP5 helps you enjoy the flavour without the fat because there is no need to add oil or butter to cook your food. Our Vapo-Valve creates a semi-vacuum cooking environment that locks in moisture to help retain nutrients and maintain the food's natural flavour.
Benefits of the MP5
Quicker, healthier cooking is just the start of the great benefits that the MP5 offers. Let’s take a look at some other benefits:
- 316Ti Stainless Steel Construction - Made from hard, polished stainless steel that resists pitting, cracking and chipping to keep it looking great for years to come.
- Amazing Oil Core - Fast, even heat distribution over the entire cooking surface and without hot spots is assured thanks to our special heat conducting oil core that is sandwiched between layers of high-quality stainless steel.
- Touch-Pad Heat Control - Complete with its own heat control so you can save valuable space on your stovetop. Optimum heat selection is easy with the touch-pad heat control and a built-in timer allows you to select the cooking time up to 12 hours, once reached the MP5 will automatically shut off.
- Fully Immersible - Cleaning your MP5 is as easy as cooking in it. Simply remove the touch-pad heat control and the appliance can be washed in your sink or dishwasher. Sealed beneath the cooking surface, the heating element is protected against moisture and corrosion and cannot be damaged from washing.
- Stores Heat - Keep your food piping hot and serve straight from the kitchen to the table. The oil core retains its heat long after the appliance is unplugged so food stays at serving temperature at the table. The removable touch-pad heat control means the MP5 can sit on the table without a cord getting in the way.
MP5 Temperature Guide
Most foods can be prepared at the listed settings. Use cooking times in chart as a guide only. Times will vary. When cooking roasts, ham or poultry, use a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part to ensure it is cooked thoroughly.
Warm or Simmer 150 to 200°F (65 to 95°C)
Keep foods warm; simmer meats and poultry
225 to 250°F (105 to 120°C)
Stew or braise meats; sauté vegetables; cook sauces, fruits, casseroles, fried rice, and snacks.
275 to 300°F (135 to 150°C)
Prepare eggs, gravies, candies, and puddings.
325 to 350°F (165 to 175°C)
Brown meats, seafood and potatoes; bake cakes, pancakes, and French toast; grill sandwiches.
Sear meats and poultry; stir-fry chicken.
400 to 425°F (205 to 220°C)
Pan-broil meats and fish; stir-fry meats; popcorn.
Table taken from MP5 use and care guide on the product page under the specifications tab, see page 6 - Click here
Add the MP5 to your Kitchen
Want to add the Saladmaster MP5 to your collection? Click here to get in contact with your nearest Saladmaster Dealer and join us in our vision to lead the movement back to healthy, home cooking.