Top Travel Destinations
Interesting Vacation Spots in the U.S. and Across the World
During the summer, when people are considering travel across the U.S. and the world, they usually think about some of the more popular destinations. In the U.S., it’s Orlando, New York City, Hollywood, Las Vegas, and—of course, Hawaii. For worldwide travel, Rome, London, and Tokyo are the most popular. These locales can also be extremely spendy.
However, with a little bit of preplanning, if you are willing to try something different, you might save money on a truly unique and memorable vacation experience.
Here are some suggestions for new places to visit and explore:
In the United States
5. Grand Haven, Michigan – For a Great Lakes getaway, Grand Haven is a nice town that captures the summer vacation spirit. Stroll on a boardwalk with ice cream shops nearby and a lighthouse in the distance.
4. Santa Fe, New Mexico – As Darley Newman, TV host of Travels with Darley, once said, “Santa Fe never goes out of style, but with an ever-growing adventure travel scene, a slew of special events and restaurants and spas that nurture the body and soul, it should be on your 2019 travel radar.”
3. Nashville, Tennessee – Nashville is a Mecca for the music industry. In recent years, it’s also been making a name for itself with art and fashion—and several boutique hotels available to weekend tourists.
2. Phoenix, Arizona – Right now, our Saladmaster Dealers are staying in Phoenix at the historic Biltmore Hotel (opened in 1929) for the International Dealer Retreat. They are having a blast there. We think you would too.
1. Fort Collins, Colorado – Nicknamed “FoCo,” this happening travel destination has an energetic art scene and vibrant maker culture. It’s also home to some world famous craft breweries and beloved farm-to-table restaurants.
Across the World
5. Mexico – Mexico is a large country with a rich culture, beautiful natural settings, and some amazing food. The central and coastal regions are especially wonderful places to explore.
4. The Philippines – The Philippines archipelago has gorgeous islands and hidden dive sites. Be My Travel Muse recommends, “If you choose to travel during shoulder seasons [between peak and off-peak seasons], book your flights and plan your journey way in advance (it is not the country to always wing it!), and try to stick within 1-2 regions, the Philippines can still be affordable.”
3. Korea – From the popular travel website, the Lonely Planet, “The Korean Peninsula offers the traveler a dazzling range of experiences, beautiful landscapes and 5000 years of culture and history.” We’ve been interested in the 10-day Boryeong Mud Festival, which attracts more than a million attendees.
2. Spain – To quote Nomadic Matt, “Life in Spain moves slowly and runs late. Everyone here is just enjoying life. Which is why traveling and backpacking Spain is so much fun.” As an added bonus, it’s a very inexpensive European country to visit.
1. Ghana – As one of Africa’s great success stories, this country has experienced some fast-paced development in recent years. People enjoy this tropical paradise for its rich history, cultural diversity, and amazing sites, including castles and forts. Plus, it’s extremely hospitable to tourists.
A Friendly Reminder
Make sure to do your own research before booking flights and hotels. Talk with people who have gone there before or speak with a trusted travel agent for their suggestions.
Where are some of your favorite places to visit? Let us know and share with us on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. Make sure to use our #Saladmaster hashtag.
To learn more about what Saladmaster can do for you,
please contact a Dealer, and enjoy tasting the Saladmaster difference by hosting a Cooking Show.
Like, follow, and subscribe to Saladmaster:
Facebook | YouTube | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest