Our Favourite Winter Warmer Recipes
With the colder weather setting in and with winter just around the corner, our Winter Warmer recipes will warm you up from the inside and help you feel cosy as the nights draw in.
There are some meals that just taste better in the winter, there is nothing more comforting than being wrapped up indoors enjoying a tasty soup with warm crusty bread, a wholesome chili that is packed full of seasonal veggies or a delicious casserole when the weather is cold and dark.
Discover our Winter Warmers
Here is a selection of a few of our favourite Winter Warmer recipes for you to enjoy making at home with Saladmaster.
Packed full of flavour, heat and veggies, our Chili Paneer is a staple comfort food for the winter months. Need to use up some vegetables? Try combining different veg to give the dish your own unique twist.
● 2 green bell peppers, processed, use Cone #3
● 2 red bell peppers, processed, use Cone #3
● 1 onion, sliced, use Cone #4
● 4 green chilies, chopped
● 1 clove garlic, shredded, use Cone #1 (6g)
● 1 tablespoon ginger, shredded, use Cone #1
● 6 tablespoons soy sauce (90ml)
● 7 ounces fresh paneer (200g)
● 1 teaspoon garam masala (2g)
● chopped coriander
1. Preheat skillet to 350°F/180°C.
2. In a large bowl, combine bell peppers, onions, chilies, garlic, and ginger. Add soy sauce, paneer, and garam masala. Mix thoroughly until paneer has been coloured by the soy sauce. Let mixture sit for 5 minutes.
3. When several drops of water sprinkled on skillet skitter and dissipate, add mixture, cover and add a few drops of water on the cover to get vacuum seal.
4. When Vapo-Valve™ clicks, reduce temperature to 185°F/85°C and cook for 10 minutes.
5. Before serving, add chopped coriander for a true authentic taste.
Vegan Minestrone Soup
Nothing warms you up quite like a hot bowl of soup. Our Vegan Minestrone Soup is quick and easy to make and is a delicious home-made, healthy lunch or light dinner for you and your family to enjoy. Got leftovers? Store them in the fridge and reheat for another time.
● 1 medium onion, strung, use Cone #2
● 2 medium carrots, sliced use Cone #5
● 2 stalks celery, sliced, use Cone #4
● 6 cloves garlic, shredded, use Cone #1
● 28 oz stewed tomatoes and juices
● 1 tbsp tomato paste
● 2 tbsp sun-dried tomato pesto (vegan)
● 4-6 cups vegetable stock
● 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
● 1 sprig rosemary
● 2 bay leaves
● 1 red bell pepper, diced
● 1 large yellow squash, diced
● 2 medium zucchini, quartered and sliced
● 1 cup packed spinach
● 1 cup kidney beans
● 1 cup pasta
● 1 cup navy beans
1. Process carrots, celery, onion and garlic.
2. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato pesto, vegetable broth (4 cups), carrots, celery, onions, garlic, seasonings, herbs, bell pepper, squash, zucchini and spinach to your roaster and cover. Set temperature to 300°F/150°C. When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily, turn heat to 225°F/and cook for 30 minutes.
3. Uncover and If the soup is too thick for your liking, add remaining 2 cups of vegetable stock and add in your pasta and beans, cover and cook for an additional 10 mins or until your pasta is cooked.
4. Garnish with (vegan) Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Gnocchi & Cannellini Bean Casserole
This one pan meal using convenience foods is a great weeknight alternative to your go to pasta dishes. Gnocchi provides a lighter, healthier alternative to traditional suet dumplings. Want to add some meat? Try adding in leftover chopped chicken or sausage.
● 1 onion, strung, use Cone #2
● 3 garlic cloves, shredded, use Cone #1
● 1 pound gnocchi, shelf stable (454 g)
● 1 tablespoon olive oil (15 ml)
● 2 cups tomato basil pasta sauce (490 g)
● 15 ounces cooked cannellini beans, drained and rinsed (425 g)
● 1⁄2 cup black olives, chopped (67 g)
● 1 pinch or more crushed red pepper
● 10 ounces frozen chopped mixed greens (spinach, kale, chard) (283 g)
● 3⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, strung, use Cone #2
1. Preheat skillet over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled in skillet skitter and dissipate, approximately 6 - 9 minutes, add onions and garlic. Sauté for 3 - 4 minutes.
2. Add gnocchi and olive oil. Brown gnocchi for 8 - 10 minutes, turning occasionally with metal spatula until light golden brown.
3. Remove gnocchi, onions and garlic from skillet and transfer to a bowl. Set aside.
4. Add tomato sauce, beans, olives, crushed red pepper and frozen greens to skillet. Stir to combine and cook for 3 - 4 minutes.
5. Add gnocchi back to skillet, stirring to combine. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over top of gnocchi.
6. Place 12 in. Electric Oil Core Skillet cover on skillet. When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily, reduce heat to low and cook for 15 - 18 minutes.
7. Turn heat off and let rest, with cover on, for 10 minutes before serving.
Looking for more Winter Warmer recipe inspirations? Explore all of our favourite Winter Warmer recipes over on our Facebook page or discover more Saladmaster Recipes at recipes.saladmaster.com