Whip up a Treat to Celebrate Father's Month
Want to treat your dad to a delicious healthy home-cooked meal this Father’s Month, then why not try our Spanish Paella? Whip up this easy version of the traditional Spanish seafood dish using store cupboard staples, fresh shrimp and mussels and chorizo.
Ready in just 45 mins and serving 8-10 people, our Spanish Paella is the perfect dish for a small gathering and celebration. Fathers around the world are sure to fall in love with this dish and what better way to treat your dad than with a meal cooked from the heart.
2 cups rice, Valencia (400 g)
1 medium white onion, strung, use Cone #2
3 chicken thighs, cubed
2 chorizo sausages, sliced
3 garlic cloves, shredded, use Cone #1
1 tsp black pepper, ground (5 g)
28 oz canned diced tomatoes, with juices (400 g)
4 cups chicken broth, low sodium (950 ml)
1 cup green beans, Italian style (125 g)
1 tbsp smoked paprika (6 g)
salt to taste (optional)
8-10 jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined
15 mussels, scrubbed and rinsed
- Preheat skillet, approximately 5-7 minutes or until a sprinkle of water skitters and dissipates.
- Add onion, chicken, chorizo, garlic and pepper to skillet and cover. Cook for 5-7 mins or until chicken has cooked through.
- Add diced tomatoes, rice, chicken broth, green beans and smoked paprika to the skillet, combine and cover. Cook for 20 mins or until rice has cooked through.
- Once rice has cooked through, place the shrimp and mussels over the rice. Cover and cook approximately 3-5 mins, or until shrimp is pink and mussels have opened up.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and cilantro. Serve warm.
Want to learn more about cooking with Saladmaster?
Our Virtual Cooking Show is a fun and interactive way for us to connect with people and share our healthier methods of food preparation. You will enjoy a LIVE Cooking Presentation by a trained Saladmaster Cooking Coach, right from the comfort of your home at a scheduled time that is convenient for you.
Our Cooking Coaches will show you a flavorful nutrition-packed meal and will give you valuable information on how to cook healthy and retain nutrients in your food.
Discover more about our Virtual Cooking Show at events.saladmaster.com/virtual-cooking-show or locate your nearest dealer to arrange your cooking show or find out more about Saladmaster products at https://saladmaster.com/en-us/locate-a-dealership