Easy Roaster Recipes You’ll Love this Fall
Available in a variety of sizes to meet your cooking needs, our Roasters are perfect for one-pan meals that are quick, easy and delicious. Here at Saladmaster, we are leading the movement back to healthy, home-cooked meals.
Through both the construction of our cookware and the cooking method we've devised, Saladmaster cookware allows you to retain up to 93% of your food's nutrients. The patented Vapo-Valve™ helps you cook foods at the perfect temperature without losing their nutritious goodness. Plus all of our cookware is easy to clean and stays looking new year after year.
So whether you need to cook for a small family or a large gathering we have the perfect size roaster for you. Let’s take a look at some of our favorite Roaster recipes that are easy to make and are sure to be a hit with your family.
Easy Bolognese Style Sauce
This rich and flavorful meat and tomato sauce is inspired by the classic Bolognese sauce, originating in Bologna, Italy. The variations to this sauce are endless, but always include finely minced onions, carrots and celery, also known as sofritto.
Makes: 6 cups sauce; 8 servings, 6 ounces each
Utensil: Saladmaster Food Processor & 5 Qt./4.7 L Roaster with Cover
1 onion, strung, use Cone #2
4 cloves garlic, shredded, use Cone #1
3 celery stalks, finely minced
2 carrots, trimmed, scrubbed and julienned, use Cone #2
1 pound lean ground beef
1 pound ground Italian sausage
6 ounces tomato paste
1 cup dry red wine
1 teaspoon dried basil
1⁄4 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
1. Preheat roaster over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled in roaster skitter and dissipate, approximately 7 - 9 minutes, add onions, garlic, celery and carrots. Sauté for 10 - 12 minutes until vegetables are softened and lightly caramelized.
2. Add ground beef and sausage. Place cover on roaster. When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily, reduce heat to low and cook 20 - 30 minutes, until meat is cooked through.
3. Stir and break meat up with spoon. Add tomato paste, dry red wine and basil. Place cover back on roaster and cook over low heat for 40 - 50 minutes.
4. Add parsley, salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
5. Serve sauce with thick tagliatelle, pappardelle or tube style pastas such as rigatoni or penne.
Tomatoes can be harsh on the digestive system, so opting for the creamy, rich and nourishing texture of butternut squash is a much better option. It loads this soup full of vitamins and minerals.
Along with all the other veggies, whole grain pasta and beans, this soup eats like a meal! And also tastes great the next day.
Makes: 12 full servings
Utensil: Saladmaster Food Processor & 7 Qt./6.6 L Roaster with Cover
1 large Spanish onion, strung, use Cone #2
1 clove garlic, shredded, use Cone #1 1
1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon dried oregano
4 cups water
1 dry bay leaf
1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cubed 3 medium parsnips, peeled and sliced
1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed
3 stalks celery, strung, use Cone #2
1 medium zucchini, cut into cubes
1 bunch chard, roughly chopped
1 cup cooked kidney beans
1⁄2 cup cooked brown rice macaroni (optional)
1. Sauté onion, garlic and salt in roaster over medium heat until soft.
2. Add oregano and sauté a few more minutes. Add water and bay leaf.
3. Add squash, parsnips and sweet potato. Cover and wait approximately 10 minutes, then add celery and zucchini. Cover and cook.
4. When Vapo-Valve™ clicks, reduce heat to low and simmer for 40 - 45 minutes.
5. Stir vegetables until squash falls apart, or press squash up against side of roaster to break it down.
6. Add in chopped chard. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add kidney beans and noodles. Stir a few more times and serve.
Rosemary Garlic Roasted Turkey
Turkey is a staple in many households during the holidays. With Saladmaster, you no longer need the oven on for hours at a time to cook one turkey! It can all be done in the 16 Qt. Roaster right on your stovetop! Plus, you'll love how tender and juicy your turkey is, when cooked more quickly using medium to low temperatures.
Makes: 30 servings, 8 ounces (227g) each
Utensil: Saladmaster Food Processor & 16 Qt./15.1 L Roaster with Cover
16 pound whole turkey
3 medium yellow onion, approximately 1 cup, processed, use Cone #3
6 cloves fresh garlic, minced, approximately
4 large carrots, cut into thirds
6 stalks celery, approximately 3 cup, sliced, use Cone #4
8 sprigs fresh rosemary to garnish
8 Yukon potatoes, cut in halves
1. Preheat Roaster over medium heat for 7-9 minutes until a sprinkle of water skitters and dissipates.
2. Place a third of the onion and celery in your roaster and place your turkey on top of them. Add onion, celery and rosemary inside the cavity of the turkey.
3. Add potatoes, carrots, onions and celery all around the turkey. Season with salt, pepper, rosemary, garlic and cover. When Vapo-Valve™ clicks, reduce heat to low and cook according to the chart listed in the tips section of the recipe.
4. Preheat oven to broil. Uncover and remove vegetables from roaster and set aside.
5. Take roaster, put it in the oven and remove handles before closing. Broil turkey for 5 mins or until it's browned (time may vary depending on oven)
6. Add handles, remove from oven and serve alongside your vegetables.
Introducing our Limited Edition 9 Qt Roaster
Our new 9 Qt Roaster is finally here! With the holidays right around the corner, we wanted to bring you a piece that could prepare a meal for your entire family at any gathering.
This Roaster allows you to garner the cooking benefits of a traditional stockpot and Dutch oven all in one pan. It’s cookware, plus serving ware, plus ovenware! A great addition to your Saladmaster Collection and kitchen this fall.
Want some recipe inspiration for your Limited Edition 9 Qt Roaster? Follow us on Facebook where we will be sharing some new recipes, such as our Chicken Tortilla Soup. To find out more details on our 9 Qt. Roaster, click the link below to contact your local Saladmaster Dealer: http://bit.ly/2ZhK7Yd
Want to win our brand new 9 Qt. Roaster?
Head over to our Facebook page for your chance to win a Saladmaster 9 Qt Roaster. The contest will close October 19th and we will be randomly selecting 3 winners. Good luck!*
*Please note Saladmaster will not send you a message or friend request requesting any credit card information to claim your prize. Please be aware of fraudulent accounts.