- Can I put Saladmaster® cookware in the dishwasher?
- Yes, but only without the Versa Loc Handles. After time, however, repeated washing in the dishwasher may dull the cover knob. We recommend that you avoid the heat-dry cycle of the dishwasher by using the energy-efficient air-dry cycle.
- After I've lowered the heat and the seal has formed, can I lift the lid?
- Peek if you must. After replacing the lid, spin it so that the Vapo Value" clicks, indicating that it has resealed itself. If it does not, increase the heat until the valve clicks, then reduce the heat to low.
- What if my range cooks at a higher temperature than normal?
- If your lowest temperature is still too high, you may need to purchase a heat-reducing pad for your burner, such as the type used under glass coffeepots on electric ranges.
- Can I ever cook over high heat?
- High heat may cause warping. Also, foods are more likely to stick or scorch over high heat, and cooking at a too high heat can cause food to shrink and become dry. It is okay, however, to bring large amounts of liquid to a boil, such as water for pasta, over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat after the boiling point has been reached.
- Can I carve a roast in the pan?
- Never use sharp utensils to cut foods in the pan to avoid damaging the finish. Remove foods to a cutting board.
- Why does the Vapo Valve" click as soon as I turn the heat on under a covered pan? Should I lower the heat at that time?
The Vapo Valve is designed to click when the food or liquid inside the pan reaches approximately 187°F (86°C). Occasionally, slow clicking begins before the pan has been exposed to heat long enough to reach that level. When that happens, proceed as you would without the premature click. The click should stop as the heat rises. Once the temperature hits approximately 187T (86°C), theVapo Valve" will click again. This time, the click will be more rapid and insistent, and it is time to reduce the heat to low.
If you have other questions, please contact your local Authorized Saladmaster Dealer or click here (Link to Customer Service Request Form) to submit an inquiry to Saladmaster Customer Service.